Sorry for the late post gang! I was away in Cuba for a wedding last week and I must still be running on Cuban time.
While I was away the Canada Reads 2015 shortlist was announced! I’m so excited! There are some great books on the list this year and Wab Kinew picked a great question and theme this year: What is the one book to break barriers?
I’ll be working my way through the shortlist and will be posting all of my reviews to give everyone the low-down on this years selection. Here are the books that made the cut:
1) And the Birds Rained Down by Jocelyne Saucier, translated by Rhonda Mullins
2) Intolerable: A Memoir of Extremes by Kamal Al-Solaylee
3) Ru by Kim Thúy, translated by Sheila Fischman
4) The Inconvenient Indian by Thomas King
5) When Everything Feels like the Movies by Raziel Reid
The debate for the winner takes place on March 16-19! I’ll do my best to read all of these books before then.