Hooray! Canada Reads 2020 debates are back on with firm dates set in July. The debates were originally postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
I’ve read all five of the books in contending and I’m excited to finally have these books discussed. Need to get reacquainted? Here are the five contenders with links to my reviews.
- Alayna Fender defending Small Game Hunting at the Local Coward Gun Club by Megan Gail Coles
- Akil Augustine defending Radicalized by Cory Doctorow
- Amanda Brugel defending We Have Always Been Here by Samra Habib
- Kaniehtiio Horn defending Son of a Trickster by Eden Robinson
- George Canyon defending From the Ashes by Jesse Thistle
Want to know who I think it’s going to take the cake? Check out my predictions and personal favourites post.
Ways to Tune In:
ONLINE: CBC Books will livestream the debates at 11 a.m. ET on CBCBooks.ca, YouTube, Facebook and Gem. The debates will be available to replay online each day. The livestreams on YouTube and Facebook will be available to watch outside Canada.
ON RADIO: Canada Reads will air on CBC Radio at 11:05 a.m. ET, CT, MT, PT; at 1:05 p.m. in Atlantic Canada; and at 1:35 p.m. in Newfoundland and Labrador. A repeat of the show will air at 10:05 p.m. local time, 10:35 p.m. in Newfoundland and Labrador.
ON TV: CBC TV will broadcast Canada Reads at 4 p.m. local time.
PODCAST: New episodes of Canada Reads will be posted daily on CBC and on iTunes.