So the shortlist was FINALLY announced. I feel like I have been waiting ages for this list! Now, I have not been doing great with my reading so far this year so I have a lot of catching up to do if I want to read all of these in time for the debates. I am excited for this years selection as the question and topic for this year is extremely pertinent.
The question and topic this year is: What is the one book Canadians need now?
Here are this year’s contenders:
- Chantal Kreviazuk defending The Right to Be Cold by Sheila Watt-Cloutier
- Humble The Poet defending Fifteen Dogs by André Alexis
- Tamara Taylor defending Company Town by Madeline Ashby
- Candy Palmater defending The Break by Katherena Vermette
- Jody Mitic defending Nostalgia by M.G. Vassanji